Transmogrify is an owner-operated consultancy. This offers several advantages:
- What you see is what you get – you don’t meet the Managing Director and then end up with the graduate.
- Genuine personalised approach and attention to detail every time.
- Overheads are low and the product offering is specialised – so you’re not paying for skills, resources, and bells and whistles you don’t need.
Transmogrify’s core attributes include:
- Professionalism: when Kitty promises, she delivers. She understands the norms of the corporate and research environments, and aligns with them as required. Much of Transmogrify’s “bread and butter” will never enter the public domain, and is definitely not in the portfolio of work displayed on this website. Kitty takes confidentiality and intellectual property extremely seriously.
- Insight: Kitty’s natural aptitude for research, analysis, interpretation and problem solving can add significant value to your communications.
- Communication and flexibility: often a brief evolves as work commences and realities become apparent. Projects may expand beyond their original scope, or throw up additional complexities. Kitty’s close communication style is the key to ensuring that expectations are explicitly stated, are subsequently met, and that invoices hold no surprises.
- Integrity: Transmogrify can critique and mark up a journal paper in the same way that a postdoctoral fellow or research supervisor would, but will not write or rescue your research thesis for you! Similarly, if your journal submission seems fundamentally flawed or inconsistent with respect to its content and merit, Kitty will bring it to your attention.
- Timeliness: Kitty hates the sound of deadlines rushing by, so she strives to ensure that expectations are met, or exceeded. On the rare occasion she can’t meet an agreed deadline, she’ll let you know in advance and give you a very good reason why.
- Quality: part of being a good editor is dotting the ‘i’s and crossing the ‘t’s. Kitty is a champion for consistency, conformance with style guides (if your organisation has one), plain English and common sense.
- Organisation: “managing scientists is like herding cats” – sometimes multi-contributor projects such as annual reports and feasibility studies require the input and alignment of a number of parties. Transmogrify is up for the challenge.